Sunday, July 17, 2011

How does Plan-B effect your cycle and does it make it harder to become pregnant?

On March 25th I took the emergency contraceptive "Plan-B". I took both pills at once because it had already been 3 days since unprotected sex, so I figured it would double up and be more effective.(It also says that you CAN take both pills at once, It's optional.) About 3 days after taking Plan-B, I noticed changes in my body like: Delayed period (by 1 week), tender and swollen breasts, and mood swings. Apparently pregnancy symptoms are "Side-Effects" to taking this contraceptive. Shortly after, my fiance and I had decided that we want to try for a baby! So, April came around, we had sex throughout my whole fertility time (According to an online ovulation calendar). About a week after ovulation I experienced the same pregnancy symptoms as before, accept this time hot flashes and irritability had been added to the list. My "Period" ended up coming 7 days late and lighter than usual. May came around, had sex through fertility. My period did show up but this time, 6 days late but my flow was a bit more moderate than the previous cycle. June, the same thing, swollen breasts, noticeable bloating (my favorite jean shorts that used to be slightly big on me are now uncomfortably snug.) Mood swings, period late by 5 days,CRAVINGS for watermelon and California Rolls! Finally, I'd had enough and went to the clinic to have a pregnancy test done...Negative. Today, I've noticed more pregnancy symptoms forming, like.... I get nauseous daily, I threw up once because of it, I sleep for about 10-12 hours and yet I'm STILL lacking energy. My pants still don't fit but yet I've lost 10 lbs? I'm moody, my breasts have grown slightly (Fiance noticed first) plus, I had spotting and a clear egg white discharge 7 days after ENDING my period. I now have a change in discharge to a more creamy white lotion-like texture. I'm not sure what to expect now seeing as the last few months I thought I was pregnant, I ended up getting my period. Is this all related to Plan-B? Or is there actually a possibility that I can be pregnant? I'm not exactly looking for a specific answer, just some advice from those who maybe have experienced what I am experiencing? If I miss my period this month, I am taking another pregnancy test, this time, through a blood test. KEEP IN MIND: My period has been extremely regular since the young age of 13! I've always known exactly when I was going to get my period, when I was ovulating etc. I know my body very well and I know what's normal for me and what's not. But ever since PLAN-B that's all been a huge mess. Advice would be AMAZING! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment