Saturday, July 16, 2011

Does anyone else get sad about how low the UK has become?

What a miserable way to think of our own nation. I'm 38 and yes, this country has changed in many ways since I was a child, but it's often been for the better. I grew up in a slum in the East End of London with no heating or hot water. I spent the first 16 years of my life living in three rooms with 7 other people. That doesn't happen today. As for the immigrants, most of them are white Europeans who are as entitled to live here as we are in mainland Europe. (Two million Britons live in Spain alone and if that isn't mass immigration as far as the Spanish are concerned, I don't know what is). As for our traditions being "long gone" that again is not true. St George's day is celebrated almost everywhere in England and if you go to almost any rural village on May Day there are celebrations galore! (I now live in a rural village). The crime situation concerns me a lot (being a prison officer) and the lack of respect youngsters have for their elders. The figures actually suggest that crime has been falling steadily since the mid 1990s and that we are less violent now than at almost any other time in our history. You need facts, not Daily Mail scare stories. Our nation is not what you think it is (nor as miserable as you obviously are about the situation).

No comments:

Post a Comment